Saturday, August 30, 2014

How natural are natural supplements?

Natural or herbal supplements - are they safe? When should I take them or not take them? Who regulates them?

All great questions we should always ask before we start popping something in our mouths hoping it will do what the label says it does. How many of you take some sort of vitamin, supplement, herbal medicine or even something given to you by a naturalist, homeopath, accupuncturist or chiropractor? Over the years I have seen more and more people going this route and personally I believe more in herbals from a Chinese herbalist/eastern medicine pharmacy than any of the OTC herbal compounds.

I always read as much as I can about anything I plan to put in my body (or on it). Read all the medical articles you can get your hands on, read the research studies and talk to your healthcare professional before you put any "natural" products in your body.  It is amazing how complicated the body is and when someone takes a pill for high blood pressure or high cholesterol and then hears from a friend they should be taking red rice yeast too so they try it. Well, this can be a very dangerous combination leading to liver damage! One wouldn't think a harmless over the counter supplement could cause so much damage, but it can.

If you are not sure if something you read about is safe or good for you please do not rely on ads, friends or the friendly supplement sales person. Always rely on your medical provider - NP, MD, DO, PA etc.  They can usually help you figure out how safe or unsafe it will be with your current medications and health condition(s).

As always, be healthy, be safe, and be smart!

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, LUPUS, DRY COUGH, PRAKISON'S DISEASE, FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, ANAL CANCER, ARTHRITIS, BREAST CANCER, BONE CANCER, hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    ReplyDelete